Lost in the Cloud? Learn more about our Salesforce Consulting Practice!
Clearwater, FL 33760 | Direct Hire
The Operations Director provides technical expertise, collaborative leadership in the ongoing development and direction for the practice(s), including the integrity of operational processes, patient access, budgets, human resources, regulatory compliance and the standardization of operational activities. The Operations Director will partner with the Practice Manager(s) to ensure efficient day-to-day operations, strong financial performance and improved quality. Success in this position will be evidenced by the achievement of patient-centered service excellence, standardization of operations, strong financial results and physician engagement. The Operations Director is expected to create a practice culture that is committed to patient-centered customer service, personal accountability, and regulatory compliance. The Operations Director will partner with the Medical Directors’ to ensure workflow efficiencies are achieved within proper clinical and billing guidelines.
• Key focus on implementing strategies relating to the development and management of facilities / clinics which ensures consistent and standardized processes for quality clinical services, leading to an exceptional patient experience. Strategies will create an environment which fosters positive physician, patient, and employee relationships.
• Responsible for development of strong operational infrastructure.
• Evaluates processes and procedures continually; and recommends improvements to patient flow, appointment scheduling protocols, and other changes that will enhance patient satisfaction and improve financial success of the practice.
• Plan, coordinate, direct and supervise various elements that pertain to quality and patient flow.
• Identifies gaps in services or systems which ultimately have a negative impact on compliance, financial, and relationship outcomes. Researches, evaluates, and provides guidance on operational short-falls; works to resolve the short-falls. Develops internal processes to support and sustain these improvement efforts.
• Oversees the operations of the medical practice.
• Directs physician productivity and efficiency, policies and procedures, quality, compliance, and billing
• Provides oversight and guidance to the administrative practice management
• Ensures staff compliance with set standards; hiring, training, and scheduling employees; and creating and managing contracts.
• Responsible for developing and reviewing all internal policies and procedures to ensure complete compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for workflow improvements that increase operational efficiencies.
• Acts as a mentor, resource, and support for direct reports to ensure strong communication resulting in an environment of encouragement and accountability. Creates a culture of being proactive versus reactive. Directs and guides Practice Manager(s) on his or her practice budgets to ensure best possible financial outcomes and practice management.
• Knowledge of Medicare Part A and B billing and regulatory guidelines.
• Knowledge of AHCA regulatory guidelines within a SNF or ALF.
• Working knowledge of HIPAA
• Utilize resources efficiently, identify, and apply for sources of funding.
• Hire, supervise, and evaluate the performance of staff and contractors.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information.
Supervisory Responsibilities: 10 - 20
• Proficient with electronic medical records (EMR) software.
• Business process definition, management, and improvement
• Ability to handle multiple projects and complete them in a timely manner, as well as have excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
• Strong leadership and analytical skills.
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Education and/or Experience:
• BA/BS in Healthcare Administration or Business-related field required.
• MBA/MHA preferred – Business related expertise may be substituted for advanced degree.
• A minimum of 5 - 10 years of progressive management experience in physician practice operations. Experience in large group practice settings with multiple locations, 10 or more physicians strongly preferred.
• Healthcare environment experience within Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living facilities preferred.
• Experience in physician practice acquisition and integration; as well as, practice development.
• Experience with minimizing gaps in operations related to physician practices.
Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and EHR software.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.