Plymouth Meeting, PA | Contract
Looking for a meaningful job where the work you do truly makes a difference in people’s lives every day? Contemporary Staffing Solutions is currently seeking Benefits Associates to play a vital role in assisting our client’s members with their benefit plans. While our client offers a comprehensive training program to develop the knowledge to successfully assist members, having previous customer service experience or knowledge about health benefits will make you the best fit for this position, which may expand your career!
Benefits Associates are responsible for:
• Interfacing with resources, both internal and external, to provide guidance, direction, and any sort of help regarding benefit plan options, cost factors, and detailed benefit review
• Answering incoming calls and responding to benefit inquires
• Making follow-up calls to resolve issues from initial calls
• Informing members about benefit plan options and solving member issues
• Helping members (or client new hires) compare benefits during open enrollment and helping members with status changes
• High School Degree or GED required / Associate’s degree with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
• A minimum of one year of customer service, healthcare, or employee benefits experience
• A basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel is a must
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
• Medicare A, B, MediGap, Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D plans
• High deductible health plans including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)
• Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), including limited FSAs
• Coordination of benefits and which plan is primary - simple cases (commercial plans, Medicare plans)
• Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) and Certificates of Coverage (COCs)
• Government programs, resources, legislation, and mandates, including but not limited to Affordable Care Act, FMLA, Medicaid, CHIP
• Group Health Plans (fully insured and self-insured)
• Pharmacy benefits including injectable medications
• Individual Health Plans and Marketplace/Exchanges plans
• The benefits package for this position includes generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) with a match.
• The company also has a fitness facility, yoga classes, an Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and other employee activities!