Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 | Direct Hire
Contemporary Staffing Solutions is currently recruiting for a full-time Accountant position in Mount Laurel, NJ.
The company looking for an Accountant is a mortgage corporation that provides national services while focusing on retail residential mortgages. It offers several kinds of mortgage services to financial institutions, real estate brokers, government agencies, and more!
The Accountant will perform a variety of duties, such as reporting, remitting and variance reconciliation of investor loan portfolios, under the guidance of the department Supervisor. The Accountant will need to be an organized multitasker, as they will be responsible for an average of 60 investor portfolios. This position is 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and is $25 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Accountant include:
• Transferring loans to appropriate investor portfolio in accordance with funding schedules by completing investor setups on the Loan Servicing System
• Compiling supporting documentation and perform reasonableness test to ensure accurate remittance to investors
• Preparing various reconciliations
• Researching and resolving exceptions and cash settlements
• Responding directly to investors about inquiries related to the trial balance report and remittances
• Successfully completing annual mandatory training requirements and department specific training.
• Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly reports for investor portfolios.
Requirements of the Accountant:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance/work experience equivalent
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Knowledge of mortgage banking and GSE (government-sponsored enterprise) preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Windows
• Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Word, Outlook, and Access
• Knowledge of Black Knight/Loan Processing System (LPS)
This company ensures that its employees are well taken care of. It does this by providing a very comprehensive benefits package that includes:
o Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
o Flexible Spending Account,
o Health Savings Account,
o Occupational Accident Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance,
o Retirement Plan,
o 401K Plan
o Maternity & Paternity Leave,
o Adoption Assistance,
o Opportunities to work from home,
o Military Leave,
o Vacation & Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Sick Days,
o Bereavement Leave,
• This company also rewards its dedicated employees by offering:
o Tuition Assistance,
o An Employee Discount
o Employee Assistance Program
o Gym Membership
o Job Training
o And long-term opportunities and bonuses for hardworking employees