Wilmington, DE Wilmington, DE
Lead Network Engineering Technologist responsible for delivering complex network infrastructure solutions in alignment with our business needs and overall network strategy.
-Follow team processes to gather requirements, deliver design drawings, deployment plans, network integration plans, configuration and integration of devices, turnover to operations, and other “build the bank” type network engineering responsibilities and processes.
-Work with stakeholders to develop requirements for new connectivity in support of Cloud, MAN, WAN, data center and branch deployments
-Secure of funding for proposed designs via governance process (i.e. review of technical designs documentation and build of material), while keeping in mind opportunities for cost reductions.
-Adherence to all change management process
-Knowledge and Documentation Transfer to the Operations Support team
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Operational Risk Framework and internal Policies and Standards.
• 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex data networks
• 5+ year in-Depth technical knowledge of network components (switches, routers, etc.) and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.).
• Four-year college degree in Telecommunication Networks, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
§ Data - CCIE qualification or equivalent experience
-Proven detailed experience in designing large-scale, enterprise network solutions in large, financial institutions
- In depth technical knowledge and experience of the use of multicast within the banking environment
- Good experience with Arista technology and data center design
- Extensive knowledge and experience of WAN routing technologies (MPLS, etc.).
- Good knowledge of MAN technologies, optical networking.
- Good knowledge of wireless technologies and implementation.
- A good awareness of VOIP technology and its implementation in a Cisco Routed / Switched environment including voicemail, call-logging and voice recording design experience.
- Good experience with Load Balancer technology (F5).
- Good experience with Firewall technology (Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper)
- Knowledge of Juniper products a plus.
-Capable of bringing together expert knowledge from across the organization and consolidating into a cohesive end-to-end network solution
-Strong communications skills. The ability to effectively communicate and sell complex network solutions
-Ability to work with multiple stakeholder
-Strong attention to detail