W-2 s will be postmarked Friday the 19th & mailed out. If there are any address changes please call your office ASAP to make that change.
Jacksonville, FL | Contract to Hire
Intake and Scheduling Job Description
Serves as the primary point of contact for all new patients referred for services and gathers all necessary data and information needed to coordinate those services. Works closely with employers, adjusters and case managers in the coordination of worker's compensation patients' initial physical/occupational therapy visit. The primary objective is coordinating patient care as well as delivering the highest level of customer service to ensure our service level criteria is carried out.
1. Act as initial point of contact for all new referrals
2. Collect and document detailed patient specific information during intake process
3. Timely scheduling and coordination of initial therapy appointments in accordance with prescribed frequency and authorization
1. Maintain thorough, up-to-date documentation on each patient in patient database communication logs.
2. Follow internal escalation process when service agreements and/or customer satisfaction is at risk
3. Communicate with Provider Relations to offer consistent feedback on overall performance of provider network
4. Identify quality assurance issues or concerns involving patient care and address accordingly or escalate as needed to provider relations.
5. Utilize appropriate tracking tools, i.e. database, logs, Outlook Calendar or Task function, to ensure follow-up on critical timelines.
6. Communicate directly with Case Managers or Adjusters to obtain authorization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES and OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to learn the patient database and adapt to any system changes
• Ability to communicate and express ideas; both written and verbal
• Ability to organize work flow in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor in all customer interactions
• Ability to follow instructions and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to read and interpret physician orders and all therapy related documentation
• Ability to adhere to company policy and procedures, HIPAA and state legislation regarding workers' compensation
• Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals inside and outside the company.
• Must work effectively and relates well with others.
• Must exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
• Self-motivated; career-oriented; organized; able to handle stressful situations and take constructive criticism; and not afraid to learn or take on new responsibilities.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
• Healthcare experience a plus
• BILINGUAL- Spanish Preferred
• Call center experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTS
• For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment may or may not utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
• The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
• Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.